.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Foxhole Philosopher

A forum for thoughtful discussion of practical issues facing the military, civil, and political world today. None of the Opinions expressed here are a reflection of United States, her Military, or any other organization other than those of the author.

Name:
Location: Iraq

7.10.2006

Ken Lay and the NYT

I have been out of the loop, but I thought I would comment on two things that have happened recently. While it is presumtious of me to speak for the Almighty, Ken Lay's death does almost seem as though someone was not pleased with the verdict and took matters into his own hands.

Also, I hope the New York Times is pleased with itself. It has now singlehandedly deprived not just the President, nor America, but the entire free world of a very useful tool in tracking terror and criminal funds. While I do not necessarily think that they have commited any crime by publishing it, (they may have commited a crime in obtaining that information, but that is neither here nor there) they definitely should not have. For an organization that so assiduously counts the deaths of soldiers, I wonder if they will tally the ones that they could have prevented. The problem isn't that loose lips sink ships, its the people that drown when the ships go down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home